RECIPE: Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Market Berry Muffins
During my partnership with Dannon, I got to enjoy several of their Activia Breakfast Blends and Oikos Greek Yogurt products. As often as I wanted by simply stopping by their booth during the BlogHer conference.
But during our breakfast with pastry chef Amanda Cook, I learned about different recipes where both products make the perfect ingredients one of my favorite treats is the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Market Berry Muffins. These weren’t too sweet and the small muffins were the perfect serving size for any breakfast.
I enjoyed it so much that I thought I would share the recipe here with you as well so that you could try them out at home too.
Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt Market Berry Muffins
By Amanda Cook
Serves 12 Muffins
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 cup Dannon® Oikos® Greek nonfat vanilla yogurt
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 eggs
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup market berries of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line a standard size muffin pan with paper liners
3. Combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl
4. In a small bowl combine Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat vanilla yogurt, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla and blend well
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until barely combined
6. Add the berries and stir until just combined; batter will be thick
7. Scoop or portion muffins into prepared muffin pan
8. Top with crumble if desired (see recipe below)
9. Bake until pale golden and center is set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy warm!
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 6 teaspoons cold butter, cut up
• Pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients and blend together until crumbly
For more recipe ideas using Dannon yogurt products, check out http://www.smartswaprecipes.com/recipes/.
*Oikos is a registered trademark of Stoneyfield Farm, Inc. used under license by The Dannon Company
Disclosure: I have partnered with Dannon to help promote Activia Breakfast Blend. I have been compensated for my time commitment to review the product. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.